Thursday, March 5, 2009

Grey Mare's Tail and Moffat!






Last week I went for a drive to Moffat and stopped off at Grey Mare's Tail on the way. It's a nice drive scenery wise although the narrow roads with a drop on one side and embankment on the other make for some scary situations with trucks! Thankfully I managed not to get run off the road this time!

Grey Mare's Tail is a waterfall (for those of you wondering why I was going to see a horse’s tail!). It was raining so I rugged up to keep warm and wore my lovely hat to keep my ears warm (have you worn yours lately Chinner??) so please don't laugh at it! There were lots of sheep on the hills surrounding the waterfall and they were my only company as everyone else had the common sense to stay indoors in the sunny Scottish weather! Once I'd seen the waterfall I headed back to the car and continued on to Moffat.

On the way I noticed a sign with a sheep on it wondering why they were telling me there were sheep in the area I soon realised it was because they were on the side of the road and not behind a fence! Thankfully they weren't on the road but it did make me think of all those cliché movies where the sheep block the road and that there might be some truth to it!

Moffat is a cute little town with lots of little shops along its main street. I had a wander around before heading to the Moffat Toffee Shop for some Moffat Toffees. Yum! They are a bit strange flavour wise but very nice. After stocking up on some toffees I headed back to Selkirk - carefully avoiding the sheep!

2 comments:

lou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lou said...

love the hat